If you are looking for a Dixieland Jazz Funeral band for hire for funerals
in Hampshire then you've come to the right place.
This live band plays jazz funeral music at dixieland funerals in Hampshire.
This funeral band in Hampshire can play for
any part of a funeral:-
- Leading the Cortege from the house with jazz tunes.
- Playing for the procession to arrive at church or crematorium.
- Playing requested music during the funeral service.
- Leading the coffin from the church to the grave.
- Playing in the cemetery to lead the coffin to the grave.
- Playing music by the grave.
- Playing live music at the wake to help break the ice.
- Playing music to celebrate the deceased life.
Hampshire Jazz Funeral Band
Photo taken by
Martin Bennett 5 June 2014
This band can play live music for funerals to either, celebrate the life
of your loved one or, to mark their passing with the music they enjoyed.
In New Orleans the jazz bands (or brass bands) are led by a Parade Marshal
and play dirges on the way to the committal. On the way back they play cheerful
For funerals in the UK, most people ask the jazz band for happy music
going to the interment and the procession is usually led by the Funeral
The usual tunes played are :-
These may be played as a traditional funeral dirge or, as up tempo happy
Funeral procession courtesy of Mr J Baxter
If you want a special tune if it is not already in their repertoire,
this band will learn it for you.
This jazz band has played at many Hampshire funerals and understand that
most funerals happen at short notice.
Contact this Hampshire jazz band for funerals
If you're booking a Hampshire Jazz Funeral Band
Acoustic Jass are happy to deal with
either family members or the funeral director. Their experience enables
this jazz band to offer suggestions that makes their part of the funeral
run smoothly, you don't get a rehursal.
A Jazz Funeral, the funeral music is "The Old Rugged Cross"
Many people have been inspired to have a jazz funeral after watching
the James Bond film "Live and Let Die" where a funeral procession
appears with the parade band playing the spiritual "Just A Closer Walk
With Thee" as a dirge, there is a fatal stabbing and they carried
the body off to "Joe Avery's Piece" an up tempo parade tune.
Acoustic Jass has been asked to recreate
this "but without the stabbing".
Acoustic Jass leads the procession to
the Cemetery in Portsmouth
Jazz Funeral the tune is "Lily of The Valley"
Courtesy of Mrs A Youé & John C Blanchard FCA
New Orleans Jazz Funeral at Highcliffe
Photograph Courtesy Bournemouth
Where this New Orleans Jazz Band has played at in
- Funeral Procession, Aldershot Crematorium, Aldershot
- Wake, Wykeham Club, Andover
- Procession, St Thomas of Canterbury Church, Basingstoke
- Funeral Service, Basingstoke Crematorium, Hampshire
- Funeral, Burley Church, Church Lane, Burley,
- Funeral Procession to St Boniface Church, Chandlers
- Funeral Procession, St Mary's Church, Eastleigh
- Funeral Procession, Crofton Cemetry, Stubbington
- Wake, Queens Club, Queens Road, Gosport
- Funeral Procession, Natural Burial Ground, Warblington,
- Funeral, The Oaks Havant Crematorium, Havant
- Funeral Procession, Stanley Road to Church, Highcliff
- Funeral procession, Pier to St Johns Church, Hythe
- Funerals, Portchester Crematorium
- Wake, Queens Hotel on Southsea
- Funeral , Kingston Cemetry, Copnor, Portsmouth
- Funeral procession and wake, from St Josephs Church
to hall in Tangier Road, Copnor, Portsmouth
- Funeral Procession, Elm Grove, Southsea, Hampshire
- Casting Ashes and Wake, Red Lion, Totton, Southampton
- Funeral Procession, Maybush, Southampton
- Funeral Procession, Eling Church, Eling, Southampton
- Funeral Procession, Wessex Vale Crematorium, Southampton
- Funeral Procession, Holy Saviour Church, Bitterne
then West End Cemetry, Southampton
- Funeral Processions, Southampton Crematorium
- Wake, Pirrie Park Bowling Club, Southampton
- Wake, Netley Abbey, Southampton
- Wake, BAT Sports club, Totton, Southampton
- Wake, Southwick Village Hall, Southwick
- Funeral, St Peters Church, Titchfield
- Portchester Crematorium then wake at Waterlooville
- Funeral Church of St Cross
and Wake Sleepers
- Wake, Abbotts Road, Winchester
18 Porteous Crescent